Saturday, January 8, 2011

Ringing in the New Year

Isn't there an expression out there, that how you spend your New Years is how you spend the rest of the year? Well, in my case, it's certainly true because while I may have spent NYE at home, I did spend New Year's Day at a wedding. And this coming year there are three more weddings so far....so in a way...it does predict the rest of my year :D

My cousin Dorothy married her long time boyfriend, Willie. It's an interesting story too because they dated as teens but parted ways. He married and had two children while she never married but lived her life...many years later, a divorced Willie reunited with Dorothy. Sweet, huh? Love stories like that!

The ceremony was held in the city, which consisted of only the immediate families. Everyone else gathered at a Knights of Columbus upstate. I wasn't sure what to expect but the reception area was gorgeous! My dad (who is first cousins with Dorothy) couldn't make it so my mom took my youngest brother as her date, my brother Chris took Tiffany as his date, Robyn took Stephen (Jonathan's best friend) as her date and of course, I took Jonathan. It was also a good opportunity for Jonathan to meet some family members that he hasn't before.


Dorothy's Wedding 005
We tried to get a group shot with Johnny before the wedding. Wasn't happening, LOL.

Dorothy's Wedding 008

Dorothy's Wedding 007

Dorothy's Wedding 011

Dorothy's Wedding 012

Dorothy's Wedding 016

Dorothy's Wedding 015

Dorothy's Wedding 027

Dorothy's Wedding 029

Dorothy's Wedding 034

Dorothy's Wedding 020
Robyn and Stephen

Dorothy's Wedding 022
Tiffany and Chris

Dorothy's Wedding 021
Michael and Mom

Jonathan & I
Photo credit: Tiffany

Dorothy's Wedding 040
Bride & groom :)

Dorothy's Wedding 047

Dorothy's Wedding 059

Dorothy's Wedding 060
Haha, love this photo. Tiffany wanted to take a picture of the champagne glass by having Chris hold it. He looks...confused LOL

Dorothy's Wedding 058

Dorothy's Wedding 072
Tiffany models the delicious appetizers for me, LOL

Dorothy's Wedding 074
Haha my mom is a riot.

Dorothy's Wedding 090
With my aunt Joanie, my grandpa's twin sister. Love this photo of all of us.

Dorothy's Wedding 087

Dorothy's Wedding 089
This photo cracks me up. Check out Tiff next to me, laughing and trying not to fall over. (She was squating for the photo)

Dorothy's Wedding 102
ROFL. Never a dull moment with those two.

Dorothy's Wedding 132
Dancing with Father Duffell. The look on his face is one of joy...love it!

Dorothy's Wedding 142

Dorothy's Wedding 140

Dorothy's Wedding 153
My little cousin can MOVE!

Dorothy's Wedding 165
Beautiful and touching. A father's dance with his daughters.

Dorothy's Wedding 169
The cake!

Dorothy's Wedding 191
I like this touch. Do they normally personalize the knives? I might have to steal that idea for myself one day ;-)

Dorothy's Wedding 190
Too sweet.

Dorothy's Wedding 198

Dorothy's Wedding 209
Haha, my cousin Charlie is a riot.

Everything from the food to the decor to the company was great. There was even a surprise guest, as a young actor from that show Wizards of Waverly place was there. Turns out, my cousin Dorothy is his godmother. Small world! My brother pointed him out to me but we all thought he was a lookalike, until another cousin confirmed that was him. And a honorary mention goes to Calabria, the pizza place we visited before the wedding (hey, we were hungry!) It was so good, in fact, that Jonathan, Tiffany and I are planning another excursion out there soon.

No comments:

Post a Comment