Sunday, August 28, 2011

I'm back!


The day I came back from California, August 23rd, parts of the east coast (including New York) were hit with a 5.8 earthquake. Four days later, we are hit with a hurricane. (Thanks, Irene). And now we are under a tornado watch until 5am.

No big deal.

!!!!!!!!!!

If there's anything to be learned here, it's that God has complete control over the world. He's sending us a flurry of warnings for a reason. So yes, God, I am listening. Even when I'm being a stubborn or lazy or an abundant of other things...I am always listening & waiting!

On a more positive note, California was one of those life-changing experiences.
I can't decide if what made it so special was seeing my aunt again or if it was just California itself but to be honest, as wonderful as Disneyland/San Diego/Los Angeles/SummerSlam was, getting to hang out with Chrissy again was a breath of fresh air! I miss that girl terribly and can't wait until the next trip out there. The lifestyle down in San Diego just seems much more relaxed. Jonathan and I had been joking since the trip that we'd like to move there. And by joking I mean contemplating it, LOL. Ya never know...


Seaport Village by the San Diego Bay
L-R: Jonathan, myself, Chrissy, Andrew, Chris and Robyn

Chrissy and Andrew were the perfect hosts. They welcomed all four of us into their home and enjoyed having us as much as we enjoyed staying there. They went out of their way to show us a good time and their generosity was not gone unnoticed. God bless both of them for their kindness! Chrissy has always been that kind of person and it makes me happy that she found someone just like her to spend her life with. They hit their 4 year wedding anniversary a few days ago too, so that was cool, being able to get them a little something while we were out there. In fact, when we spent our last full day in California, at Disneyland, they joined us and made that their anniversary celebration. Cool!

I will definitely update about each day and what we saw...but seeing as how it's waaay past my "bed time", I should probably hit the sheets before Irene hits us.

No comments:

Post a Comment