Monday, July 5, 2010

Day 2 of Orlando trip

Day 2


First morning waking up in Florida and we are greeted with some fog.

Disney World '10 145



We're on a non-Disney bus today...because our destination is Islands of Adventure! That's right...first stop of the day is the Wizarding World of Harry Potter. I could NOT be more excited than I already am.

Disney World '10 146



Even for a Thursday, there are a lot of people with the same destination.

Disney World '10 148



Oh hello there.

Disney World '10 149



We make a pit stop at Starbucks because I'm, well, deprived.

Disney World '10 151



Hogwarts at a distance.

Disney World '10 152



Snow covered roof tops of Hogsmeade.

Disney World '10 154



This picture doesn't do the wait to get into the WWOHP justice. We initially heard it would be 4 hours (idk where they got that from but I believed it when I saw how long it went on for.) We only waited 30-45 minutes.

Disney World '10 155



In we go!

Disney World '10 158



Disney World '10 159



Disney World '10 160



The first thing we did was hop on the line for Harry Potter and the Forbidden Journey. Loved every minute of it (the ride, not the wait LOL). A little girl came off crying...so I would deem it a little frightening for children. And okay, maybe even us too haha.

Disney World '10 161



Disney World '10 162



The gift shop was MADNESS. I'm pissed because I thought I grabbed the right size shirt for my brother, Michael. I was so excited for him to wear it (a Gryffindor shirt). I realized my error when I showed him at home. :( Luckily it fits my other brother. But still.

Disney World '10 163



Disney World '10 165



Disney World '10 166



According to my friend Kim, they do a show inside here, on top of actually selling wands. I'm disappointed I didn't get a chance to stop in. That's because there was a gigantic line for that too!

Disney World '10 167



Disney World '10 168



Disney World '10 169



The fact that the cast members dressed up in those long black robes on a day where sweat pored down every inch of me and I was wearing short shorts and a t-shirt, is amazing. I give them a lot of credit because for the most part, they all had smiles on their faces and a good attitude.

Disney World '10 170



Disney World '10 171



The Three Broomsticks.

Disney World '10 172



Disney World '10 174



Even the wait for butterbeer was long but SO worth it! It's creme soda with a layer of butterscotch and whipped cream foam on top. I could use one of those right about now.

Disney World '10 176



Disney World '10 183



Disney World '10 184



The guy playing the conductor of Hogwarts Express didn't have the best attitude...

Disney World '10 187



The other side of Islands of Adventure.

Disney World '10 189



Inside Mythos Cafe, our lunch spot. (This isn't part of WWOHP). Wilfredo recommended it to us last year and we remembered how delicious the dessert was so we went here again.

Disney World '10 192



Jonathan was a happy camper.

Disney World '10 193



We didn't want to spoil our appetite for dinner so we got the kids meal, haha.

Disney World '10 194



The reason we came, LOL.

Disney World '10 196



Stroll through Seuss Landing

Disney World '10 203


Disney World '10 202


With a frown like that, he could be the Grinch, LOL.

Disney World '10 204



Disney World '10 208


Not in Seuss Landing anymore.

Disney World '10 215



On the bus ride home, he completely passed out.

Disney World '10 228



Back at the hotel, the employees, plus a guest or two, got happy feet, LOL.

Disney World '10 229



Inside the Rubik's Cube to our new room!

Disney World '10 232


Disney World '10 234



View from the balcony.

Disney World '10 236


Disney World '10 238

Joey & Chandler would love this, LOL.

Disney World '10 241

Disney World '10 243

At night we went to Downtown Disney (and had a bit of a detour in which we got seriously lost) for dinner at T-Rex Cafe.

Disney World '10 244

Disney World '10 246

Disney World '10 247

The decor is ridiculously cool, isn't it?
And this was the view to my immediate right!
Disney World '10 248
We started off with shark water (sprite & coconut).
Disney World '10 253
The ceiling.
Disney World '10 257
Disney World '10 260
I looooved the gnocchi. The pork, not so much.
Disney World '10 261
As always, there is no shortage of entertainment in Disney World.
Disney World '10 263
My dad loooooves Harley Davidson tank tops, and everywhere he goes, he brings one back from the place. So of course I had to go in and get him one. I tried last year but it was too late. This year I was fortunate enough to go before closing.
Disney World '10 264
Next stop? World of Disney! This place is Disney merchandise mecca.
Disney World '10 266
My favorite Disney princess :)
Disney World '10 267
Haha...Jonathan & Buzz.
Disney World '10 269
Back at the hotel and greeted by Roger Rabbit.
Disney World '10 273
We promptly passed out to end night #2. I think the day had just gotten to us, especially with WWOHP. Not even the pool could entice us to come back out and there were no Magic Hours (where the park is open 2-3 hours before/after opening/closing).
Day 2 rating: A+

No comments:

Post a Comment