Saturday, August 14, 2010

August: birthday filled fun

Chris (my brother) & Jonathan had back to back birthdays, Chris being the 11th and Jonathan the 12th so it was a festive week for sure. For Chris, my parents, Jonathan, Michael and I went to Applebee's for dinner. Robyn, the workaholic, was, where else. Mom & I had Skinny Bee margaritas that were just the right amount/taste to give you a nice buzz without getting you sloppy. The food was really good too, as it usually is over there. I could go for some wonton tacos right about now... Chris's gift from my parents was pretty kick ass though: the iPhone 4!



The next day, I had to get up early but made sure to leave Jonathan's gifts from Robyn & I on the table. He wouldn't open it until after the dinner his parents made him that evening though. It was well worth the wait. He loved his new camera! Back in March, his old one was stolen. So many pictures/memories left with it and I knew right away, a camera would be what I'd get him for his birthday. A month or so after that spring incident, we had been watching a commercial for the new Samsung TL220 DualView point & shoot. He expressed interest in that and I stored that to memory, haha. Needless to say, he loooved it and it was right on time for a meet & greet with Jake the Snake, which was yesterday.





Speaking of which, Jonathan left "26" with a bang by being hired by NBC's Experience Store. He has been searching for a new job for many years (since graduating in '07) and I know it's the one thing he really really wanted. While it may not be the career he is hoping for, money is money and at least he'll be surrounded by things he loves. Plus, he will be working with a good friend of his (the reason he was able to know about this position!) He had an interview with a media related company that never went through, due to reason we'll never know since they didn't contact him back with an answer (lame). However, at least it showed that his resume, which is definitely a good one, is being noticed. It's a tough field. I don't recommend getting into it unless it's your passion.



And I am spending the last few weeks of summer praying that my application to a nearby college's photography program was accepted! *crosses fingers*



But on the theme of birthdays, Johnny turned 1 & a 1/2 earlier in the month! And he got his first hair cut today! :)

Pictures from Jonathan's birthday.

2 comments:

  1. Um, I neeeed that "not only am I perfect, I'm Italian, too" shirt for every child in Mike's family.

    ReplyDelete