Monday, September 20, 2010

Twister!

We had a tornado last Thursday.


I think if I lived in Kansas or Iowa, this might not be very interesting. However, I live in a borough of New York City. Whether or not it was an actual tornado remains to be seen but that's what the news keeps saying. And well, take a look at the pictures and judge for yourself. By the grace of God, only one person died as a result of that evening but, still, what a shame nonetheless. In Queens, the areas hit the most would probably be Forest Hills, Middle Village and Flushing. Although I stay in Forest Hills, where Jonathan lives, I had been in Woodside that evening, for my brother Michael's 19th birthday. Thank God I left early in the afternoon and not later that evening because around 5:20pm, it hit. In Woodside, heavy rain and flickering lights were the extent of it. But when I got back to Forest Hills after work...oh boy...
Tornado Aftermath 001
Tornado Aftermath 004
Tornado Aftermath 006
Tornado Aftermath 009
Tornado Aftermath 013
Tornado Aftermath 015
Tornado Aftermath 017
Tornado Aftermath 019
Tornado Aftermath 021
Tornado Aftermath 028
Back of Jonathan's deck/yard.
Tornado Aftermath 030
Tornado Aftermath 034
Amazingly enough, these wind chimes didn't move from it's spot!
Tornado Aftermath 036
Tornado Aftermath 044
So the wind chimes don't move but this flies across the yard from deck to the ground?! (In this position, too!)
Tornado Aftermath 045
Tornado Aftermath 048
Tornado Aftermath 050

1 comment:

  1. This is just craziness! I heard about it when it happened and I'm glad you guys are all safe.

    ReplyDelete