Friday, October 23, 2009

october magic? perhaps.

Even with last night's debacle, I still have faith the Yankees are gonna win it at home. It was kind of like it was meant to be that way. A.J Burnett giving it away like that in the first inning, allowing 4 runs was just...tough to watch. Teixiera saved the day later in the game but Nick Swisher ultimately failed the team. It was kind of laughable that the fate of the game ended with him! (He is pretty much not a reliable guy for a hit.)

So it's safe to say I know what I'll be doing Saturday night!

Tiffany actually came out with me last night to watch the game at a bar near my job. I wanted to be close so that I could run right over to work at the needed time and then run back LOL. Even though Tiff likes to root for, well, not the Yankees, she is still gracious about it so it was pretty funny. And this guy from Australia that started chatting us up (mostly Tiff, since my eyes were glued to the TV), was rooting for the Angels too. He was the sole person clapping every time they got a hit. He was getting some stares, that much is for sure, haha, but an interesting person overall. I feel bad -- because of his Aussie lingo, you know, calling guys 'mate' and stuff, another person assumed he was gay and sent him to Gaslight, downtown. Gaslight is a gay bar. He thought he was there just to watch the game and drink a beer. I hope we showed him not all New Yorkers are rude like that!

No comments:

Post a Comment