Thursday, October 1, 2009

thursday woes

The worst thing to do is assign on a test on a Friday. At first glance it seems like a good idea because you get the entire week to study. Mondays are no better either -- spending all your free time on a weekend studying is no good.

But when your one History class is every Friday, you're stuck. I thought I had all week to review my notes but the damn week just flew by!! I've been in college since '03! You'd think I'd know better LOL.

So have I mentioned I have a wedding to attend on Halloween? Yup! Jonathan's cousin Alexis is marrying Gaetano on the 31st. I love weddings -- plus Alexis & her soon-to-be husband are great together. I'm happy to celebrate with them. Too bad Kim & Vinnie are having a house party that night!! I highly doubt I will make it, however, if Jonathan & I are lucky enough, we'll get to go out that night in costume and meet up with K&V and company.

I don't know what I'm going as. Actually that's a lie; I'm planning on Tinkerbell but i'm gonna need a backup if it doesn't work out. Maybe Olive Oyl. I can see Jonathan pulling off Popeye, voice and all. (Not that they share a voice but he's very good at imitating people.)

My dad turned 46 yesterday so we celebrated with a dinner and cake. My mom and I started cooking a German meal around 4:30. 4 hours later it was done! We didn't expect it to take so long. Oma helped and so did Alex, who Jonathan & i bumped into en route to the supermarket. For the cake we had Black Forest (not surprisingly -- we wanted to keep up with the German theme). Jonathan loved spending time with my family and the feeling was mutual. My dad also gave me, Chris and Jonathan great advice concerning our futures, jobs, life in general. Whenever my dad talks, you can't help but listen. He is someone who has lived his life and experienced/seen a lot so you know everything he says is true and can be trusted. I am proud and happy to call him my dad.

Back to Kim for a second, she saw Hamlet last night and based on her positive review of Jude's performance ("amazed at his range") I am itching to see it before it ends in December! Maybe I'll go around my birthday. Although I really want to see Rock of Ages. And by really I mean badly.

No comments:

Post a Comment