Sunday, March 6, 2011

Welcome to the world, Ayla Mae !

IMG_1121
March 6, 2011
7:01AM
7lbs, 8 & 1/2 oz.
20 & 1/2 inches

And a nice dark set of hair!

IMG_1108

I woke up this morning to Jonathan telling me that Alex had the baby and it was a girl. My first reaction: HUH?!

Alex wasn't due until the 10th so I didn't expect any big news this weekend. That combined with that being the first thing I heard when I woke up was definitely something. I remember just sitting there and thinking "How could she have had the baby?" It was so surreal! My mom had contacted Jonathan's sister and asked her to call the house to wake me up. Well, it worked! LOL. I went to my parents' house around 10 and we left for the hospital shortly after to meet the newest addition to the family.

Ayla is the sweetest thing. Those pictures don't do her justice. She is a tiny thing now but there is one thing I've learned since knowing Johnny: babies grow FAST. So, I want to be around the house more to enjoy her growing up. Between work, school and my new baby cousin, things are going to be nuts for awhile!

IMG_1106
We got a real kick out of this. (My mom's name is Jackie.)

IMG_1091
This was taken while trying to find the room - my mom was clearly very excited!

IMG_1094
Aw, Oma! She started crying before she went in.

IMG_1137
<3

No comments:

Post a Comment