Tuesday, July 7, 2009

a man who was a living angel.

The library has always been one of my favorite places and I hadn't been for the longest time. A few days ago I went and boy am I glad, because I spotted The Book of Mychal by Michael Daly. I am just about done with it and let me tell you...it's one of the most beautiful stories I've ever read. I feel so sad I never had the opportunity to meet Father Mychal Judge. The worst part is, it was possible. He was a friar over at St. Francis of Assisi Church on W 31st street. That has to be one of my favorite churches in the world. You wouldn't expect there to be a beautiful church in the middle of Herald Square but it is. My dad introduced me to the church a few years ago but unfortunately Mychal passed away on 9/11 so any chance of meeting him will have to wait until I kick the bucket, LOL. You may or may not have heard of this priest but I am 100% sure you have seen this picture.







1 comment:

  1. It’s not too late to meet Father Mychal, and in this lifetime. He is very much alive on the Other Side, as a saint. I talk with him every day, in prayer, as do thousands of others. And he listens. There have been at least 3 miraculous healings of sick children through him.

    If you liked Daly’s book, you’ll love the film, Saint of 9/11. Here’s the 2 minute trailer:
    http://www.saintof9-11.com/saint/trailer-high.cfm

    And here’s a website:
    http://SaintMychalJudge.blogspot.com

    “If no one told you today that they love you, let me tell you: I love you, and no matter what mess you're in, you're always held and loved by God." -- Fr. Mychal Judge

    ReplyDelete