Saturday, July 11, 2009

woof?

I never had a dog growing up, or a pet of any kind, save for two fish that died the next day. I think one lasted a week. That was kind of a miracle. My mom is allergic and my opa was never a fan of pets in the house. I remember a neighbor on my block let me walk his dog, Benji. It was a very exciting moment for a 9 year old.





When I was 19, I started walking for this company...that shall remain unnamed, just in case they find this blog, should they Google themselves. I worked for them for a year as a dog walker. Company drama aside, it was a great job. I got to walk around the city all day and meet all these great dogs AND get paid for it! After a year, I left to go back to school. But that started a great chain of events which led to private dog walking. I don't do much anymore but a year ago, I met a very cool person who needed me to walk her dog. I've been with them ever since! I'll be seeing a lot of Jorda (the dog pictured) this summer, which is great because I haven't seen her since Easter and miss her terribly! I believe I have mentioned her in a previous post. She is a boxer/pit bull mix and so sweet...until she sees a squirrel, or another dog. But she loves humans. She comes off as intimidating and aggressive but she's really not. Unless you mess with her, hehe.



Btw...I am heading to Hershey Park on August 8th! (Saturday) I will be there until Monday, the 10th. Hotel has been booked! J.D's parents said we could take one of the cars so you know what that means...road trip!!! We searched bus and train info and the times and prices were a bit iffy, times especially. One bus ride would have taken 1 day. ONE DAY! From New York City to Pennsylvania? You've gotta be kidding me. But I am very excited, to say the least.

1 comment: