Sunday, July 5, 2009

oh summer, where art thou?

Prior to the weekend arriving, it was shaping up to be a great one. Pool party on Friday, house party for the 4th of July on Saturday...but then something happened. It all started on the 26th of last month when my long awaited tattoo appointment arrived. (P.S it hurt like a bitch but the result was great!!) Because it's on my left shoulder, I kept wearing tank tops during the healing process. That normally wouldn't be a problem. I mean, it's summer right? Mother Nature did not get the memo and lately it's been kinda chilly at times so I think not dressing 'warm' enough this past week wore down on my immune system. Friday morning I felt a little under the weather but thought nothing of it. By the afternoon, I knew something wasn't right. After 2 or so hours, most likely more, in the hot tub I had to get out. Everything was achey and I felt feverish. By the time I got back in Jonathan's car to go home, I was a shakey, achey mess. I slept at my parents' (just in case something happened, you never know) that night and woke up to my dad giving me a fluffy pillow and some Aleve. I sound like such a baby LOL, but sometimes its nice to be babied.



So I stayed in for the 4th, save for dinner at a new diner in Forest Hills with J.D. I'm glad I went to the pool party yesterday, Kimmie's pool parties never disappoint! Also she & I had a delicious lunch over at The Perfect Pint. The Asian Calamari salad is amazing. Go there if you're ever in the 'hood!

2 comments: