Saturday, September 5, 2009

smell the coffee...

I am so happy it's Saturday. Once in a blue moon,  a Saturday will come along that requires no work from me (in the form that produces a paycheck that is -- this doesn't include housework and other responsibilities!) and today is one of those days. I slept in 'til 9:30 and now I am waiting for the coffee to finish brewing. Ahhh. Have I mentioned I got the place to myself? :-D

Yesterday, I was thinking of relationships with siblings and how fragile they can be. Think about it. You're born into the same family so at a young age, you're forced to bond. Of course, a 2 or 3 year old doesn't look at it as forcing. But really what choice do we have? We don't know any better! Then when we get older and a little wiser, we really see what kind of people our siblings are. I love each one of my siblings very much. Each relationship (I have 3 of them) is very different. And as glad as I am I know them, I wonder, if we weren't related, would we be friends? 

What a thought! I like knowing I have these three different people in my life for eternity (I'm counting the afterlife too). How can you ever be lonely?

By the way, Johnny turned 7 months three days ago. Wow! How time does fly. And it doesn't stop there! Michael turns 18 in 11 days, my dad's birthday is on the 30th, Natali's is on the 8th, I turn 24 in 2 months, my grandma has a birthday in the beginning of October....*grabs ahold of time and stops it* ;-)

No comments:

Post a Comment