Tuesday, September 15, 2009

Technology. Gotta love it

So as you may or may not know, I switched to an iPhone after being a loyal sidekick user. But temptation got the best of me and I switched over to AT&T. iPhone applications are the best -- I just discovered the blogger app, which I am currently using.

Jonathan sent me a link today, about a deal Disney is having until November 24th. For 5 nights you spend a little over $500 for a package plan. We keep saying we wish we could go back. Boy, do I! That would be a sweet birthday present (mine is November 8). I think the best time slot would be spring break. This summer my entire family, Oma & Opa included, are cruising on the new Norwegian Epic ship. At least that's the plan thus far. I really can't stand cruises but this ship looks, well....epic!

Fashion Week has been hitting New York full force as of late and I've been living vicariously through a dear friend of mine who is interning at a modeling agency. If all goes well, I may attend a fashion show with her before it all ends on Thursday! Never thought I'd ever attend one! I hope this turns into a paying gig for my friend. She deserves a break (and a paycheck!)

The San Gennaro feast is back. It has to be one of my favorites. For starters, I love Little Italy. Row after row of Italian restaurants crammed into narrow streets, made even more narrow by all the booths at the feast, the smell of all that Italian food is irresistable. I went last night on a full stomach and boy, did I regret that. Good thing I'm going again on Friday...and Saturday! This time I will do it right. Not too sure what Saturday's dinner plans entail but Friday we (JD, Karina, Billy and myself) are going to Vincent's. They are known for their outta-this-world tomato sauce.

Now that I've got an end date to my time at my current school (last semester will be next fall) I look forward to going to class because it's one day closer to finishing LOL. I don't know if I want to go back to Queens College though. I was curious about going to St. John's University. My father actually attended the school for 6 months in the 80s and told me recently it was a big party school. Apparently there is a bar on campus! Not near it but inside of it. Not sure if it's still there today but them Catholic schools sure know how to party. I should know. My highschool (a Catholic one as well) LOVED drama/scandal. That's not a knock on Catholic schools -- I am forever grateful my parents sacrificed so much to keep me in one -- but the students seem to be the most rebellious when under strict rules! Anyway, as far as where I'll continue on for my B.A, I'll play it by ear. I'm sure I'll have plenty to think about, being stuck on that cruise ship this summer... :-P

October seems really promising. I am 99% sure I am getting another tattoo, my aunt & uncle are coming in from North Carolina because my beautiful cousin Sierra is being baptized here, my grandma has a birthday, Mika is performing in the city on the 16th, Fright Fest, Alexis' wedding and...Halloween! Both, by the way, fall on the same day. What a way to end that month!

Ok, time to hit the hay. These dark circles under my eyes aren't doing me any justice!!

No comments:

Post a Comment