Friday, September 4, 2009

glucklich freitag!

There has been a lot of debate over the iPhone versus the BlackBerry but in the past I was always content with my sidekick. Well not really. The track wheel was always a pain in the arse. Now though, after the battery wouldn't last more than 2 hours without dying on me (no exaggeration either) it was time for an upgrade. I wasn't happy about T-Mobile's service either. Not the customer service part -- they've always been helpful to me. But the actual reception. AT&T gives me service even when I'm underground! That is extremely useful, as I seemingly underground constantly LOL.

So I got the iPhone :-) I worked with a very helpful guy over at the AT&T store at the Rockefeller Center Plaza. Ask for Edgar Diaz. He really seems to care about his customers! I got a pretty good deal too, I like to think. So this is love at first sight for me and this phone. The touch screen can be a bitch for texting but it's easy to get over that.

In other non-technology news, my neighbor gave birth two weeks ago! Deirdre is 3 years older than me and we lived three houses down from each other our whole lives. (Well, I moved 2 years ago but my parents still live there. And sometimes, I feel like I still do too!) It's nostalgic almost when someone achieves such a milestone as becoming a parent because you remember what they were like way back when. Deirdre also attended the same high school as me and was in the same year as my good friends, Anthony and Kenn. Small world right? Anyway, I've yet to see the little guy but most of my family has. They say he looks just like her. Ah, gotta love how excited babies get everyone. I also give Deirdre credit for keeping the gender a surprise (from herself, too) for 9 months! Turned out to be a boy -- Braden. I give her a lot of credit. I don't think I could wait! Actually I know I wouldn't....haha.

School is back in swing here. I've taken to riding the LIRR to class and slumming it home because I always had a problem arriving early to school for morning classes since I work nights. And the LIRR really saves my ass. But even with my disability card, I noticed yesterday it's taking a toll on my wallet LOL. So, I'm gonna slum it today by train and bus since my history class isn't until 1pm. I also have to give Ben in the disability office credit for really helping me this semester with accommodations. He got me permission to not do the oral exams in my German class. Meaning when she asks us a question in German and we have to answer, she will have to write it and then I'll answer. Not sure if my professor is going to actually follow through -- I have a feeling she'll just keep repeating until I understand what she's saying because she's determined like that. That is not a knock on her; I actually think it's a great thing. She really seems to care that we learn German and actually be good at it!

By the way, the title is supposed to mean "happy friday!" but I have a feeling I may have done something wrong in translating it LOL.

No comments:

Post a Comment