Sunday, August 23, 2009

and then there were three.

I appreciate a good laugh as much as the next person so when I discovered Ryan Higa and his friends, I couldn't help but become an instant fan. I know how much hard work goes into creating comedy, partly from observing and partly from seeing it with my own eyes. Jonathan and his friends (and also brothers) Mike and Sal (who by the way, have to be some of the sweetest guys you will ever meet) created a sitcom back in 2002. They resumed filming just this summer and I have to tell you, I am delighted because it really is such a fun show to watch. The show revolves around the three characters played by Jonathan, Mike and Sal. The show reminds me of Seinfeld meets Odd Couple. Really, the show is a tribute to all of their favorite sitcoms but those are the two I think of when I see it. There is still originality in it, despite that. I know Jonathan hopes to make it in the media field (er, after all he did spend 5 years in college getting his Bachelors for it!) so I hope some day soon someone sees the talent that guy has. It would be even more amazing if all 3 of them one day did something big! You can say you heard it here first. :-)

What impresses me the most about those three, besides the creative input it took to make the show, is that I never feel like they're acting. Each of them can be so different from their characters. I remember when I first met Mike and Sal, I thought I was going to be meeting Lunk and Brad, the guys they portray. But far from it. I am just fascinated by stuff like that. My acting career consists of bloopers, haha, so I admire all those who can keep a straight face in one take.

As for Ryan Higa, he did a spoof on Twilight that had me in stitches. He's spoofed other things, which you can see on his YouTube channel. I don't recommend the Harry Potter one. Even Ryan and his team admit it has nothing to do with the movie. But, still, take a look! Ryan and his best friend Sean even did a movie that was released in California and Hawaii only. It was called Ryan and Sean's Not So Excellent Adventure.

Bottom line: laughter is some of the best medicine out there.

P.S, the words hi-lighted in green are links.

No comments:

Post a Comment