Thursday, August 20, 2009

evil is hot.

In the week and barely a half of summer vacation left, I have one trip to Splish Splash and a birthday party to attend. Otherwise it is just working and be a lazy butt. I wanted to brush up on some reading for school but uh yeah, I don't see that happening LOL.

Hershey was such a blast. I didn't get to do as much as I hoped to, like the trip to Harley Davidson or Chocolate World but just a few hours at Hershey Park and exploring the hotel, Hershey Lodge, was so much fun. I would love to go again for an extra day and really get to explore the place. We stayed from Sunday, the 9th to Tuesday the 11th. On Monday night, Jonathan, myself and his parents drove to Lancaster for dinner at Good 'N Plenty. If you've never been before, I suggest going first chance you get. It's a fun experience because you eat with other people and share a fixed meal. What are the odds that we'd get seated next to a family that was also from NYC. We were representing two boroughs: Queens (us) and Staten Island (them). We didn't stay too long. When we got back, J.D and I explored a little more and hit up the arcade. So, a very low key weekend. 

On the 11th, my brother Chris turned 21. He (and all of us) got a surprise in the form of a visit from Natali and her mom. Natali and I were BFF from the 3rd-7th grade and kept in touch from time to time. I hadn't seen her since '07 so it was very good to hear from her and even more so from her mom whom I haven't seen in probably 10 years! Amazing how time flies. She hasn't changed a bit!

On the 12th, Jonathan turned 26 and he had a little get together at the house. We didn't celebrate with just the two of us until the following Monday at Donovan's and then again yesterday, when we ate at Mars 2112 ( 51st and Broadway) and then saw the 8pm showing of The Toxic Avenger. That has to be one of THE funniest musicals I've seen in awhile! I loved the soundtrack too. A must have (downloading a song as I type). When Jonathan and I first started hanging out in early 2008, we bonded over the fact that we both had rooted for Diana DeGarmo (season 3 runner up of American Idol). Here is a link to her first night in the role of Sarah. Nick Cordero was out in the lead role of Melvin but when I saw who was understudying him, I was really surprised: Nicholas Rodriguez. I know Nick from his time at Tarzan. Well, not personally but just from the show. I wasn't a fan of him then (who was, after seeing Josh Strickland in the title role?!) but Nick was fantastic as the Toxic Avenger/Melvin. J.D & I were disappointed we didn't get to meet the cast after. Not for lack of trying though...

Btw, I am officially free of credit card debt! Wahoo! Okay so it's not like I had a tremendous amount but it was still a lot and now it's done & over with. Freedom has never tasted so sweet. Too bad the rent is due in two weeks, haha.

No comments:

Post a Comment