Friday, August 21, 2009

home is where the pen is.

I was always a big believer that if you do what you love, you'll be happy. It all boils down to the simple things in life. 

I must have gone through a million different options when it comes to a career. Vet tech, nurse, actress, model, psychology, postal worker...as my dear friend Anthony will tell you, I can be very indecisive. But one thing I was always 110% certain about is my love for writing. It always comes back to that. When I was younger, I would write little plays for my siblings and I to perform (I know I've mentioned that before). I'd write stories and make a book jacket for them on scraps of paper. I had my sister take a Creative Writing class just so I could do all her assignments for her! Writing never feels like work to me. I am like a child with crayons and a paper or a chef with a gigantic kitchen and all the ingredients they need when it comes to writing a story. But when it comes to jobs, I just don't know what to make of it.

Do you know anyone who is a writer? What kind of work do they do? I've thought of doing everything from travel writing (which would be a dream!) to a novelist to an editor to a newspaper writer. I am looking for stability though and I know writing doesn't really provide that. There has to be something, anything I can do! Anyone out there wanna give me a chance? LOL.

I am sure everything will fall into place in due time. My favorite saying is God helps those who help themselves. With hard work, lots of patience and plenty of coffee, I say my dreams can come true. Who's with me?!

No comments:

Post a Comment