Saturday, August 1, 2009

got that pesky travel bug.

So far this summer hasn't disappointed. In June, I had the big Disney World trip. The entire month of July was pretty tame, save for the arrival of the MacBook! And now August is here and I can hardly believe it. 28 more days until school starts up again. *shudder* The summer was pretty much rained out but I'll still miss it. Fall is still my favorite season so I am very excited for that. Then there's the trip to Hershey next weekend to look forward to so no time yet to mourn the end of summer vacation.

While on the topic of vacation, my sister really put the Croatia 2010 trip into motion. We are looking at a week or two in June of next year. The flight out there is ridiculously priced but my Opa owns a house there so we'll save TONS since we won't have to find a hotel. My opa's niece really wants to meet us so I am glad we'll have a friend out there. She is about my sister's age.

I was just thinking lately about traveling and such since it has been a big topic lately. My sister and I were arguing just this morning because she says I need to make sacrifices if I want to travel a lot. Right now we are working students. So basically traveling is not something I should make a habit of doing so much. I say life is too short to NOT travel but she does have a point. After the whole argument was done with and we had made peace, I thought about how my mom always wished I would become a travel writer. I want to seriously consider that. Then I could get paid to travel and the argument will be a thing of the past, LOL. 

The Hershey Lodge has been getting mixed reviews on the website. What really caught my eye was the coffee shop in the resort. Is it sad that that's what appealed to me? Hehe. Can't wait!! Forgot to mention -- the trip is no longer just myself & Jonathan. Now his parents, his sister, his brother-in-law and his nephew are all coming! If this was FaceBook, I'd click the 'likes it' option.

3 comments:

  1. Speaking of travels, I'm going back to New York next year.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I heard! Looking forward to it. How long do you think you'll stay?

    ReplyDelete
  3. Probably a week again, though perhaps two weeks can be doable.

    ReplyDelete