Tuesday, November 17, 2009

I dream of sandy beaches.

Once in a blue moon, an opportunity will arise that you'd have to be a fool to pass up. Like seeing two friends get married. And attending a Yankee game, with seats right behind the bullpen. Now imagine those two opportunities landing on the same day!!! Just my luck right? Fortunately I found a way to make this work. The game is at 1pm. It should be over by 4, the latest. I don't know what time the reception is because the invites haven't been sent out yet, just the save-the-dates. But it all seems possible. I mean, God doesn't give you anything you can't handle so apparently He thinks I can juggle this wacky schedule I will have on May 15th!! I should note the tickets were a gift so the date of the game was not in my hands. Obviously I would never have chosen this date myself. But I am grateful Tiffany's friend gifted her with this and chose me to go along!

Funny I mentioned Thanksgiving in the post early yesterday because later that night, Alex (my aunt) and I spoke about what it would be like this Thanksgiving. Normally we do a big Thanksgiving feast around 1 or 2 then settle in for a movie that everyone agrees on. But this time, after the feast we are going to be enjoying Alex's gift to Oma, Opa and Michael (my brother). She got them the Wii Fit! With the Wii Olympic games. (I think that's the game she said she got). Those three are the biggest Wii fanatics in the house so that's why it's for them but on Thanksgiving, we're all going to enjoy it. Can't wait! The reason she is giving them their Christmas present on Thanksgiving is because Alex & Moe are going to be in Puerto Rico for 3 weeks. They leave on the 3rd and won't be back until the 28th! So sad they won't be here for Christmas. Last December, when they went to PR, my oma and I went for a week with them. We flew out the last week of their stay and came home with them. It was so much fun and I wish I could go again this year. But I have a feeling we will next winter.

No comments:

Post a Comment