Thursday, May 13, 2010

Big congrats!!

I was drinking my coffee yesterday morning when Jonathan runs into the den, all excited and said, "Gina is engaged!" We laughed about this with Gina and Anthony later that day because he had just read it online via Facebook through Gina so he forgot to say Anthony's name. Of course, I knew which Gina he meant.

I texted Anthony but then realized calling would be quicker. Gina picked up and I learned, it had JUST happened! She posted it on Facebook right away. I thought it had happened overnight for some reason, LOL. I rushed her off the phone, apologized a thousand times and promised to call later, hahaha.

Later that day, after celebrating Matt and Maggie's birthdays at a really great bar/restaurant named the Ainsworth, we went back to Queens and after a quick stop back at Jonathan's house, made our way over to Anthony's, where the newly engaged couple were hanging out. His parents were there too, as well as his brother, so we had cake and they told us all the details. I had wondered what the significance of May 12 was because one thing about them, especially Anthony, is they're big on numbers. I thought for sure it would be a date with the number 6 (their birthdates) in it or at least June 19, their four year anniversary. But even better, May 12 was the day they had their first kiss. I love it! (And them).

It was so exciting to see their relationship come this far. They have been through a lot and through it all, showed nothing but unconditional love for one another. It's the kind of love you hope to find one day (and the kind that IS out there!). I've known Anthony for seven years (and Gina two or three years after that) and have seen his search for "the one" from back when he thought it was hopeless, haha. And Gina is a rare breed. She is down to earth, passionate about what she does, has a close relationship to God (as does Ant) and is always fun to be around. She too, has been through a lot and they deserve all the happiness in the world. I mention all this because it explains just why I am so happy for those two.

Much love guys! XOXO.



The ring. He picked it out himself!
bling
Chocolate lollipops that Ant's mom made. They were delicious and I am craving one now.
Hahaha.
Our flowers for them.

No comments:

Post a Comment