Tuesday, May 11, 2010

Mother's Day

Chrissy & Grandma

Alexandra & Mauricio's Wedding 066
Oma & Mom


On Sunday, we went out to Donovan's (best burgers in town! No really) with my grandparents (dad's parents) and Oma (mom's mom). Opa is out of the country but it would have been nice to have him there. Nonetheless, three of four kids were there (Chris had to work) so it made for a nice afternoon since all of us haven't been together like that in awhile. I wanted the surf -n- turf (steak & shrimp) but they were out. Insert sad face here. Instead, I settled on the shell steak. Should have gone with the shrimp parm that my Oma ordered. It looked and smelled delicious!
It was nice being surrounded by all my mother figures. But, there are so many mother figures in my life I have to be thankful for. It goes without saying that I owe everything to the Blessed Mother. For both my aunts for looking out for me, even though in age they're more like sisters. For Jonathan's mom, for always making me feel welcome in their home and accepting me into the family. It helps we share a deep love for coffee, haha. For Jonathan's sister, for being a great mother to Johnny. For Mother Teresa, for always being an inspiration. For my Nanny and Grandma Esther, who are resting in eternal peace, showing love always. Grandma Esther wasn't my Grandma by blood but it didn't matter -- she always made me feel loved. She was that way with everyone. She was a rare breed. My Nan (my dad's grandma) was so unselfish, giving everything she had in life to her family. And for Teta, who has also passed on, for being like a mother to my mom while she was growing up. Teta (which means Aunt) acted like a grandma to us. Her home was like a second home and she made the BEST whipping cream I have ever tasted in my life. To this day, I can still say that.
I am truly blessed to have known them.

No comments:

Post a Comment