Friday, May 21, 2010

five on friday

Five on Friday




1. I went to the Yankees/Red Sox game on Monday, the 17th, at the last minute, courtesy of Jonathan's aunt and uncle. They had two spare tickets for 19 rows behind home plate. Yes, you read that right. Only 19 rows behind HOME PLATE! I was thrilled to say the least. That game was exactly what you want in a baseball game when you're there to view it live. They had a five run lead in the first inning only to lose it halfway. By the 9th inning, they were down two runs and they came back to win it! Between A-Rod's home run to tie the game and Marcus Thames walk off run, I couldn't sit still. Big thanks to Aunt Connie and Uncle John for making this happen! And for the generousity that evening.



Matt & Christy's Wedding NC 094



2. Last Saturday, the 15th, Matt and Christy were married at St. Raymond's in the Bronx. It was a beautiful ceremony and they were married by a former priest of my parish! Fr. Kevin is Matt and Christy's age so he created a cool atmosphere for the whole thing. I've always loved him and was sad to see him leave St. Sebastian's. So it was a sweet treat seeing him over there. After the Mass, Christy and Matt released butterflies, in what was a pretty cool thing to see but also amusing, as the butterflies didn't want to leave the box. Matt had to shake it out a few times! LOL. The reception was at Chateau Briand, out in Long Island. Another beautiful affair. A full length picture post to come.





3. Yesterday, I met Mr. Belding (Dennis Haskins) of Saved by the Bell fame. It was a spur of the moment trip to see him at Turtle Bay, a bar in Manhattan. Let's just say Mr. Belding knows how to gather a crowd! The upstairs portion of the bar was PACKED. It felt more like a club...which I think is the point of the upstairs portion anyway. He was very friendly, taking pictures with everyone and signing anything you sent his way. I spent far more on drinks than I originally planned (especially since I have a busy weekend ahead!) but it was a blast and I'm so glad I went out!





4. There's only 33 days left to the Disney World/Orlando/Florida trip. Are we excited or are we excited? I can't help but look through last year's photos and browse Disney's website, just because I want to relive the experience all over again before I can literally do that!



5. I've discovered how to follow the Yankee games live from the MLB app off my iPhone when I'm not home to watch or near a TV. This is good for two reasons: 1) I don't have to check Twitter for live updates and 2) I don't have to ask my boyfriend for any more "unnecessary" requests. Hahaha...a total inside joke...in which he will probably roll his eyes at me for posting...hehe.

No comments:

Post a Comment