Monday, February 7, 2011

SmackDown @ Nassau Coliseum

I'm a fan of live sporting events and wrestling is no exception. A bunch of us went to Nassau Coliseum on February 1st for a taping of SmackDown but we also sat through NXT and Superstars. I've really grown to appreciate pro wrestling for what it is and not just for John Morrison's abs, LOL. John and I both brought our cameras (we have the same one) including the 55-250mm lens (we both have that too) but the security guards turned us away, saying we couldn't bring those in. Apparently they've enforced a stricter photography rule. I was pissed, to say the least. That's the lens Jonathan bought me for my birthday and I was looking forward to using it for the first time, plus I knew I would get better photos that way of the wrestlers in action. Good thing both of us brought our point and shoots. John and I agreed...it wasn't the same :(

IMG_0454

IMG_0457

IMG_0474

IMG_0480
Daniel Bryan during NXT.

IMG_0497
Vickie Guerrero and Dolph Ziggler confront Kelly Kelly.

IMG_0520
Rey Mysterio...one of my favorites.

IMG_0533The ring is set up for the 2011 Royal Rumble winner, Alberto Del Rio.

IMG_0536
Haha, love this. Jason looks like a little kid.

IMG_0541

IMG_0551

IMG_0585
My final shot in the arena. The winners of that night's main event: Edge and Kelly Kelly against LayCool and Dolph Ziggler.

IMG_0588
Chris actually watched the entire thing with the mask!

All in all, a fun night and a pleasant start to the month.

No comments:

Post a Comment