Thursday, February 11, 2010

Snow Day!

We got hit with the first snow storm (not the blizzard they said we would get!) of the new year since December. This time, navigating the streets to get where we had to go was easier. I would have stayed indoors all day to enjoy Snow Day from the coziness that is the DiDonato home but I had to get myself into the city. Once I got outside, boy was I glad...walking in all of this was fun. I pretty much documented the walk to the train station, haha.



Slightly out of order but this is Tula, the cat we went to visit. What a (shy) cutie pie she is. Last time I would be seeing her too, as her owner is taking her back to Jersey at the week's end :(










This picture got a lot of comments on Facebook, much to my surprise. I have come to the conclusion that you should never be too old to write initials in the snow :-D




This is probably the most modern looking McDonalds I've ever encountered. Located between 15th & 6th, blocks from Union Square.


13th street, between 6th & 7th. Little known fact: Mary-Kate and Ashley Olsen used to live on this block. (They may still for all I know)














Mission: impossible?
So, all in all, a great day! I entered that last photo for publication in the NY Daily News. With all the Snow Day submissions, who knows if it will actually get accepted (but it's definitely should be on the website soon)




No comments:

Post a Comment