Monday, February 1, 2010

The Valentine hoopla begins.

Happy February to all! This month is filled with so many birthdays, starting with...


...this little guy! John, Jr. turns ONE tomorrow. That's right, one! Don't ask me where the year went; I couldn't even tell you. I have the cutest gift for him already. Right now it's more for his parents LOL, but he will appreciate it when he's older, I'm sure. I'll post a picture of it after his birthday, just in case someone stumbles upon this!

January went out with an interesting weekend. On Saturday night, nine of us went out for dinner (hibachi on Bell Blvd.) and then dessert. The first picture is of as at Pearl, our choice for dessert. Except apparently on Saturday nights, the cafe was turned into a dance club. Yes, you read that right. We knew something was wrong when we needed our IDs to get in. "IDs to get coffee?" I remember saying. Little did we know that not only did they close the coffee bar but they had no desserts either. That was an amusing 10 minutes spent! What's worse is when we went to Martha's Bakery afterwards, the wait was 45 minutes! The manager had to come and kick a few people out. Not gonna lie, that part was kind of awesome, haha.


L-R: Me, Enza, AnnaMarie, Christina, Rita, Daniela :)




The dinner was fantastic of course, as hibachi usually is. And entertaining. Our cook harassed Christina quite a bit, with a fake mustard bottle and his operatic "Christinaaaa!" (That still makes me laugh when I think about it). And who could forget, Sal "The Situation" and his "Love ya!" ;) Plus, we had a new addition in Enza, Mike's girlfriend. She fit in so well with the group. Very happy for Mike!

Speaking of relationships, this will actually be my first time celebrating Valentine's Day. Last year was a funny time. I was supposed to do dinner with Jonathan but had bowed out. Yet, the next day I came over anyway and we kind of celebrated, even though we wouldn't be official for another week or so. Funny how things change in a year!! I never really cared for the holiday but now this is a good excuse to go out for dinner and stuff our faces with chocolate :-D Besides, I give Jonathan a lot of credit for making me feel 100% loved every single day. Definitely don't need to wait for a holiday to come around to show it! :)


No comments:

Post a Comment