Thursday, February 4, 2010

when the cat's away....

In exciting news to start with, I'm 98% sure I'll be back at Disney World this summer. Tax season is hinting at being a good one for both me and Jonathan. If so, it will definitely enable us to go. Granted the job thing pans out and he can get time off. So, fingers crossed.

I'm in a job hunt myself for a day gig on top of my current night one. My mom is a massage therapist at a spa and there plenty of positions to go around in that environment. They require schooling but she can get me a discount, which I'm all for. Again, fingers crossed. I'm up for trying something new this time around.

Speaking of new things, apparently for Christy's bachelorette party we are going to Lips and then to a strip club. Lips, I am looking forward to, because I always hear such crazy things about it. The strip club, not so much. That environment is not my thing and I don't think I've ever heard of one for females but hey, if Christy wants us to come out for her, who am I to say no? (Besides, I don't think Kim will let me sit that one out, haha). And on top of that, the boys are going to one too so it's only fair ;-)

The thing that gets me about going to a strip club for a bachelor party is what it represents. A lot of times they say it's the "last night of freedom." I beg to differ. Marriage is not like going to jail. Marriage should be about celebrating the life and love you've found with someone, not the end of having fun in life! Hopefully that made some sense. I just don't see how looking at naked women all night and then marrying the person you love is right or respectful. But that's just my two cents. I would never tell a friend how to go about things or doubt that two people love each other because of how they celebrate the time before the wedding! It is just something that never sat well with me (that should surprise no one who really knows me, haha) Tell me I am not alone! LOL.

That being said, Johnny's 1st birthday did NOT disappoint! That little cutie is growing so fast. I wouldn't be surprised if he started walking completely on his own in the next few months. We are going to celebrate on Saturday again. I think I mentioned before I am in the market for a Canon Rebel. It would have been perfect to have on Saturday, with 11 children there (I love photographing babies/young kids). But, my goal is to have it before the summer.

All right, bed time for me. That nap a few hours ago didn't do any good!


2 comments:

  1. I want to see that modern-looking McDonald's next time I'm there. Sure the food is probably still gonna suck, but seesh, that place sure looks nice.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Are you saving up for the Canon? And how much do you have so far?

    ReplyDelete