Wednesday, February 17, 2010

Valentine's Day recap







After wishing everyone a happy Valentine's Day a few days ago, I texted with my aunt over in California and she sent me a back a wish saying Happy Saint Valentine's Day. It was then that I realized I forgot it was even honoring a saint! Apparently there is very little known about him...and when I checked this Catholic Calendar on my iPhone, it didn't even acknowledge him for today! Regardless, that day was filled with love, love, love.
Jonathan and I decided on dinner & a movie that night. He surprised me with the dinner location and it ended up being Da Silvana which was right in his neighborhood. Then we decided to see Valentine's Day at a movie theater that was so small, we had to wait for the movie outside! But, the best part was, the only movie playing in that theater was that movie so it was kind of cozy. I knew I was going to like Valentine's Day (the movie) but I had no idea how much! I saw it on the Friday it was released so that made it the second time seeing it in a span of two days. There's just something about it that made me laugh and wanting to see it again. The fact that Jonathan really enjoyed it just goes to show me I picked a winner of a Valentine's date (and a boyfriend, haha).

It's also kind of crazy reflecting back to last February 14th because Jonathan and I weren't official just yet but we did spend time together the following day instead of Valentine's Day. He had originally asked me to dinner but I declined...because I was in my "confused I-don't-know-if-we-should" stage. Women...we're nuts!
So, granted this holiday really is just another day to celebrate love, it's a good excuse to get dressed up, go to dinner, eat chocolate and exchange gifts. However, I feel like we do that at least once a month haha :) For a first Valentine's Day to be celebrated in a traditional way, this one was memorable. Hope everyone enjoyed their heart day.

No comments:

Post a Comment