Friday, May 8, 2009

and so it goes.

These past few days have passed in a whirlwind. Ever since Grandma Esther's passing on Sunday, the days just kinda blended together. She had an astounding turnout at the wake, especially the night shift. The funeral itself was tough, as it's the 'final goodbye.' I liked meeting so many of Jonathan's family members because his father's side reminds me of my father's side. Just replace all those Italian looking people with Irish and you've got the Corrigans. =P I hope Grandma Esther could see all those people there celebrating her life and to know she was loved unconditionally. There really is no greater gift than the one of family. Whether they are a pain in the butt or not, we are lucky to have them.

I'm kinda stressing out about Mother's Day. I really wanted to get my mom tickets to see Hair which even my dad would like to see. If storks can bring babies, why can't they bring down bags of money?! Haha...that'd be nice though. I just wanted to spoil her for a little bit, since she spent 23 and a half years spoiling me! Although she'll tell you differently ;)

I'm working on this health paper for the final Health class, which is tomorrow. As much as I like my professor and the discussions, thank the Lord it's almost over! No one should have to go to school on a Saturday. Not even my worst enemy. I did find a lot of interesting facts about Woodside though (the assignment asks us to assess our communities health data.) Apparently West Queens has the highest amount of uninsured people compared to all of New York City.

This paper is sucking the life out of me.

PS it's BS that Allison is no longer on Idol. On the flip side, I didn't mind Adam Lambert so much when he was doing the duet with her. In fact, I hear they are doing it on the Idol tour. Although I think the closest it's coming to here is Atlantic City. On my brother's birthday (in August). Don't think that's his cup of tea though. I wonder who would want to go with me...any takers?

No comments:

Post a Comment