Monday, May 11, 2009

celebrities love queens

Recently, a friend of mine met Lady GaGa at Stop 'n Shop. I don't know which one it was but I know it was in Queens.
So that got me thinking. How many other celebrities come from Queens? Let's start with Woodside.

1. Ed Burns
2. Rachael Ray. I'm pretty sure I read before that she got pistol whipped while living in Woodside. Yikes...

Other parts of Queens:
3. John McEnroe (Douglaston)
4. Nancy Reagan (Flushing)
5. Al Roker (St. Albans)
6. Lucy Liu (Jackson Heights)
7. Ethel Merman (Astoria)
8. Christopher Walken (Astoria)
9. Donald Trump (Jamaica Estates)
10. Nas (Queensbridge)
11. 50 Cent
12. Hank Azaria
13. Ray Romano
14. Jon Favreau
15. Ryan Gosling (?!!? I had no idea)
16. Debi Mazar
17. Jason Patric
18. Ja Rule
19. Martin Scorsese
20. Drea de Matteo

Although Susan Sarandon is not from Queens, she is from the NYC area and ironically enough, I saw her today standing on the corner of 14th & 6th. I was chatting on the phone with Tiffany, about to walk into Starbucks. As I grew closer I said to myself, that woman looks an awful lot like Susan Sarandon. Whaddya know...it was. It was funny because I paused mid-sentence and kept repeating "Oh my God!" and finally Tiff said "Did you see someone?" Haha...she knows me well! The woman looks great for her age! (63). Hot diggity damn! I am a sucker for celebrity sightings.

To make this post not completely superficial, I can't believe it's been a week since Grandma Esther's passing (late Sunday/early Monday). It just seems unreal. I guess that's how it goes with any loss of a loved one.

3 comments:

  1. OMG, where'd you get that picture of Chris? I miss that fella! And Stop n Shop of all places?! What the hellllllll?

    You forgot that guy with the weird nose! Adrien Brody or something?

    ReplyDelete
  2. From his Facebook! And yeah I miss hanging out with & that gang too. Been waaay too long.

    What part of Queens was he from?

    ReplyDelete
  3. ME TOO!

    Woodhaven!

    ReplyDelete