Monday, March 23, 2009

First blog? Say it ain't so!

I like to think I'm an expert blogger. It all started with Xanga. Remember that site? Maybe just a little? From there I went to Blurty and from Blurty, I went to LiveJournal. But I wanted something everyone could read and LJ tends to be a bit more private and clique-ish. Here, everyone has the freedom to pick my mind. Kind of scary! But thrilling.



Here's a little About Me. I'm 23 years old but I feel 40 and look 16. Being the oldest of four, you kind of grow up fast. Especially when you have a disability, you realize quickly life isn't all sunshine, rainbows and unicorns. I began to lose my hearing when I was five years old. The official term for what I have is a neurosensorial hearing loss. Fortunately it's not severe

so I can still enjoy the beauty that is music. Which leads me to my next two great loves: music and Broadway musicals. I first caught the theatre bug when my dad took me to see Footloose. I saw it six more times afterwards because I could. not. get. enough. Footloose actually was not my first musical. That honor goes to Cats. Let's not mention the fact that I fell asleep halfway through....ahem. But anyway, I also owe my love of music to my dad. Instead of listening to Z100, which I had no idea existed when I was 11 anyway, I'd rummage through my dad's music collection. Rush stole my heart and to this day, Limelight is still my favorite song. If you feel the same, go see I Love You, Man. That's all I'm gonna say about that! (Don't want to spoil the movie for anyone).



When I was younger, I wanted to be the next Ann Martin. I still have mini novels I wrote that I'll never show a soul since I'm pretty sure I'd embarrass myself! My first best friend was my books so it was only natural when I got to college, I'd major in English, publish novel after novel and live happily ever after. Except I went to college, realized I had no motivation when it came to that major and decided to take the dreaded break. Unfortunately Queens College would not let me back in and wanted me to get my Associates Degree first. Weird, right? So I am currently enrolled at Queensborough Community College taking Liberal Art courses. It was there that I developed a love for Sociology and Psychology. To the point where, when I return to QC, I am thinking of pursuing a Psychology degree. I would prefer to work with children so I am particulary curious about Child Psychology. Bottom line is, I know that as long as I stay in school, I'll find my niche.



When I'm not at school or at work, I like to abuse my Netflix membership, take pictures, hang out with friends, write stories I'll never finish and yada yada. Oh and blog, apparently.



Since it's Monday, that means BFF time. Also known as Tiffany comes over and we watch our shows. And gossip. And just chill. So with that, I end my first blogspot blog. I'm sorry this wasn't a more entertaining post -- things are pretty hectic here at the moment. To come: my West Side Story review!

No comments:

Post a Comment