Thursday, March 26, 2009

The Good Son on a Good Day


I passed by a Blockbuster the other day and for some reason, The Good Son came to mind. Being that it came out in 1993 when I was 8 years old, I didn't remember much of the movie, just that I LOVED it. Instead of Netflixing it, I figured I'd go to the Movie Master, also known as Jonathan. Whaddya know, he had it! On VHS no less. So we watched it today and YOW! I forgot how evil Macauley Culkin was. And how cute was Elijah Wood? I'm sure my 8-year-old self swooned over him. I poked around IMDB and found some interesting facts:
- Michael Klesic was originally cast in the role of Henry Evans in 1988. The film was soon later put on hold due to lack of funding. A couple years later Jesse Bradford was cast as Henry Evans because the original child actors had grown to old for their parts. The project was once again put on hold and the same problem happened. Then, was once again re-cast and finally shot and released in 1993.
Jesse Bradford? "Swimfan" Jesse Bradford? Huh.
- Richard (in picture) and Connie are played by Macauley's real life brother and sister.
I want to start rewatching my old favorite movies. Remember The Hand That Rocks The Cradle? Another of my favorites! And who can forget Hocus Pocus? Yeah, that's right. I loved SJP way before the Sex and the City era!


While on Austin Street today, I popped into Banana Republic to get this shirt on sale. It's absolutely gorgeous and I figured I could wear it on Easter...and for John, Jr's Christening...and nights out...in short, I plan on putting it to good use! Not only that but I picked up a pair of trouser jeans that are nothing short of a great fit. Holy cow. Could it be? Am I saying goodbye to the American Eagle era? Subconciously, I don't want to dress like a teenager anymore. Although I'm sure I'll be 80 and still wearing jeans, a plain white tee and converse sneakers :-)


I should be getting as much sleep as I can since I've got a Sociology exam in the morning. But considering I just got home from work, it's time for some Idol courtesy of DVR. That beats sleep by a mile. Though something tells me I won't be saying that when I wake up in the morning...

2 comments:

  1. it's time for some Idol courtesy of DVR.

    Oh, sure, the DVR gets all the credit ;-P LOL

    ReplyDelete
  2. Seeing The Good Son as the main item on any website makes me SO happy. I love Macauley Culkin! :-D

    ReplyDelete