Saturday, March 28, 2009

oh baby.


If you're anything like me, babies turn your heart into a puddle of goo. I know I can't resist an adorable baby, like Little John over here.

He is Jonathan's nephew and was born on February 2. What a gorgeous kid! Maybe one day (many years from now, of course) he will read this blog when he's the next Justin Timberlake and thank me for giving him a head start in getting his name out there. LOL...I'm getting carried away here. But you never know!

I've been slacking on updating my Netflix queue. As it is, I have 23 movies waiting to be sent (I do one movie at a time, unlimited per month). My Sassy Girl should be arriving by Monday, or today maybe but I'm not home to check the mail. I'm pretty sure it's the American version of a Korean film. Tiffany told me about it -- she really enjoyed it so I figured I may as well check it out. I wonder what assumption someone would make about me if they looked at the movies waiting to be sent. Let's take a look at the first 10.

1. Along Came A Spider

2. Smart People

3. Atonement

4. Then She Found Me

5. Forgetting Sarah Marshall

6. Lars and the Real Girl

7. Heathers

8. Over Her Dead Body

9. Look Who's Talking

10. An American Crime

Judge away! =P

Sometimes being hearing impaired comes with plenty of frusturations but more often than not, it provides a lot of laughs. Case in point: yesterday, my brother was telling me about a friend of his who passed away recently. He mentioned going to the wake on Tuesday so I asked what he died from and Chris said a heart attack. I was shocked, because his friend is his age (20). Here is the conversation, according to what I heard.

Chris: He went into cardiac arrest. He had a heart attack.
Me: But he was so young! What was it from?
Chris: From masturbating once a week.

There was silence as I tried to process this. I was wondering how he was able to keep a straight face from telling me this. And above all, I just didn't know how it was possible you could die from that. It never occured to me that I may have misheard him. So I repeated after him and my brother did a double take. Here's whats he actually said:

Chris: He went into cardiac arrest. He had a heart attack.
Me: But he was so young! What was it from?
Chris: From a heroin overdose.

This is meant with no disrespect for the friend who passed away but we were laughing so hard afterwards. We could not look at each other with a straight face. I feel like an idiot for hearing that, especially because they don't even sound similar. Oh well, at least if I'm going to make a fool out of myself, it's in front of a family member.

PS My aunt went back to Puerto Rico for two weeks. I went with her for one week back in December and let me tell you...I really wish I could be there with her right now!! She & Moe (her boyfriend) are there until the day after Easter. And my parents will be on the cruise with my other brother the day before Easter. So unless my grandparents are doing something, looks like my sister & I are spending the first Easter alone in...EVER! >=O

1 comment:

  1. I'll be sure to show Little Johnny this one day!

    I like your random Netflix list, FYI.

    ReplyDelete