Wednesday, April 15, 2009

and away we go...


I previously wrote about a possible trip to Orlando this summer and it looks like it could happen earlier than I expected. As in June. I'm supposed to be taking two classes in the first part of the summer. Key words, supposed to. I have an appointment with an advisor tomorrow so I'll figure things out then. However, one of the classes I registered for is tennis (hey, it's required!) and I really am looking forward to that. At the house in Pennsylvania, Alex and I play because they have a court. We're no Maria Sharapovas but we're not bad at all. So here's hoping I don't make a fool out of myself!







Where I really would like to go this summer is either Germany or Croatia. Our cousins from Germany are coming here so I don't think a trip there is possible but I am dying to see the house where my Oma grew up, the things my mother saw as a little girl (though she did not live there long nor was she born there). I would like to travel somewhere that has meaning, not just a vacation, you know? The picture above is a cathedral in Sibenik, where Opa grew up. He says the majority of Croatians are Roman Catholic and that there are churches everywhere. Uh, sounds like my kind of place all right! He goes there every 6 months but I can never go when he goes. Can you tell I'm itching to go somewhere?!?



Almost 70 degrees on Friday. Can I get a HALLELULAH? Besides that, it should be a very good day. The car show @ the Jacob Javits Center, 17 Again...aye carumba!

No comments:

Post a Comment