Monday, April 27, 2009

barely getting by, it's all takin' and no givin'....

I'm definitely getting hit with a case of end-of-semester blues. I have two weeks left, 3 finals, 3 papers and desire the size of a peanut to get it all done. But I will anyway...speaking of which, I got a B on my Sociology exam! Prof. Gorman gave me my grade late because he said he forgot to grade it after I took it. Haha...nice. Glad to see I'm not the only one who procrastinates!



My latest 'thing' is 9 to 5 the musical. I really really want to see it. On my way home from work a few nights ago, I saw audience members stagedooring after the show so I caught sight of Allison Janney, Megan Hilty, Stephanie J. Block and Mark Kudisch. I've heard nothing but good things about it so hopefully they do lotto so I can try catching a show some time before my Disney trip. I really do not feel like dishing out $100+ for a show again! You can learn more about the show here. While we're on the subject of musicals, I thought I'd compile a list of all the musicals/plays I've ever seen on Broadway, which really now that I'm thinking about it, is not very long. And it's not in order since I can't remember when exactly I saw them. I am no Almanac ;-)


1. Cats
2. Rent (twice)
3. Movin' Out
4. Footloose
5. Saturday Night Fever
6. Shrek
7. Equus
8. In the Heights
9. Jersey Boys
10. Beauty and the Beast
11. Xanadu
12. Hairspray (4 times)
13. West Side Story
14. Cyrano de Bergerac
15. Tarzan
16. Seussical the Musical





I think this is pretty much it. Tarzan and In the Heights are a given, for those that know me. I think what really got me into musicals was Footloose. I was about 13 or so when I saw it, maybe a little older and I think I went about 7 times. It was a great musical, too. Shame. Michael Cavenaugh, who did the piano for Movin' Out was phenomenal!





Looking forward to Idol tomorrow night...Rat Pack week! (No surprise that there are five contestants left.) I'm pulling for an Allison/Adam finale. The only reason I mention Adam is because I know he has a huge fan following, so realistically I have to add him. And although I was rooting for Kris for the first part of the season, I have become a serious Allison fan after re-watching old performances. We'll see what happens.





On a parting note, I would like to wish Grandma Esther a speedy recovery. She fell and broke her hip, resulting in her needing surgery tonight. But last I've heard she is doing good. God Bless her. She has the determination of a bull. She'll outlive us all =P

1 comment:

  1. Thanks for the kind words about Grandma Esther, sweets.

    And LOL @ the Almanac part.

    Interesting list of plays. I definitely have to check out more Broadway plays in the future. I've only seen a handful.

    ReplyDelete