Tuesday, April 21, 2009

been running so long....


Head Over Heels is officially my guilty pleasure movie. I think I've watched it 4 times since 'renting' it! I also developed a fondness for the title song, by The Go Gos. From there, I YouTubed their original video for the song. It wasn't until I saw a more recent video of the band performing the same song that it clicked: the lead singer was the woman from Dancing with the Stars (right)! I had no idea what she was famous for. Oops.



Vacation to Disney World has been booked! June 19-23. Fortunately, Jonathan and myself were able to find ways to cut corners to make the trip cheaper. But that also means more movie nights at home until then, LOL. That trip is worth every penny though. I don't remember much from my first and only visit to Orlando in 2001. I'm looking forward to making new memories there, especially because my friend Brian is a Disney nut and so maybe finally I can agree with him =P Also, can I just add how frusturating it is to book through Disney's website?! Three freakin' hours it took to finalize everything!! Maybe the 'site was just having an off night. According to AOL.com, Disney has some Do's and Don'ts. Read on...
Do: Spring for a "deluxe" resort
Don't: Opt for Disney's budget digs (they mentioned the hotel we're staying at as part of the don't...even though they acknowledged it is on park premises, which has its pluses. But J.D's been there before, so I trust his opinion.)
Don't: Chase after discounted tickets
Do: Consider renting
Do: Splurge on a guide
Do: Get a game plan
Do: Get a Fastpass
Do: Go easy on the extras
Don't: Pay more for a view
Do: Book a character breakfast
Don't: Eat during peak lunch hours
Do: Rent a car

I added a fifth class to my schedule come fall: table tennis! I decided to drop that tennis class for the summer so that I could save money. Besides, I am less likely to make a fool out of myself in ping pong than actual tennis.




Michael Balderrama
is taking over the role of Usnavi in In the Heights tonight and the next few nights. This should be really interesting. He's been listed as Usnavi's understudy since it opened but he's yet to go on so this is pretty big. Break a leg, Michael!

No comments:

Post a Comment