Thursday, April 16, 2009

oh summer, where art thou?

This friendly French man stopped me on my way home today and asked for my name. That's how I came to learn he was French, because apparently he says everyone in France is named Nicole. He joked Americans stole the name from them but what he didn't realize is it actually originates from Greece (derived from Nicola). It means victory or victory of the people. Nice. Let's hope some of that winning power comes my way.






The Baby Name Advisor on this site thing cracks me up. You put the mother's name and the father's name and it gives you each possible baby gender's name suggestion. According to that thing, my parents should've named me Aubree. And Chris' (the first boy in the family) should've been Curtis. Close enough!





That lovely red envelope is bringing me Head Over Heels tomorrow. Remember that movie? Freddie Prinze Jr, Monica Potter, a bunch of models, an assumed dead person...even my brother, Chris...or Curtis?...remembered how funny that movie was. And Chris is hard to please when it comes to comedy. I can't wait to watch!





The advisement appointment went well. Four classes this fall and they include Psychology, Ancient Civ (snooze), Speech Communication and German! dürfte interessant sein!

3 comments:

  1. According to this site, my name should have been Titus! LOLOL.

    And thumbs up to Head Over Heels, even if even just for Monica Potter =P

    ReplyDelete
  2. *if even just for

    ReplyDelete
  3. LOL, agreed, although Freddie isn't too shabby in the movie. The real winner though, is the dog who plays Hamlet. Now there's a looker! =P

    ReplyDelete