Monday, April 13, 2009

He has risen.


Happy Easter! I hope everyone (well if you celebrate it) had a most blessed day.



As I mentioned in a previous blog, my parents are away on a cruise with my youngest brother, leaving the rest of us at home with not much to do. So instead I spent the day at Casa de DiDonato. They are one of my favorite families besides my own. Today was also my last full day watching Jorda. Tomorrow I will walk her in the morning and then peace out. I'm thinking a long, leisurely walk around Central Park oughta do it. Her owner won't be back until late tomorrow so she'll be cooped up until then! For a dog her size/breed (boxer/pit) I can't fathom leaving her alone that long. Besides, boxers crave human attention by nature.




Before I do the Easter photos, let's recap. This week (sans internet, which explains the lack of updates) has been fun. I got free reign of my friend Justine's apartment while she was away on vacation so it was nice to just get away from my apartment for a bit. Kind of like a breather. Jorda is the perfect roommate, she really is. Late one night I stumbled upon this show. I thought it was so completely fascinating. I stayed up waaaay past my 'bed time' for that one.




On Friday night I went out here for Vinnie's birthday. It was so much fun because I had not been out since St. Paddy's Day and thought one was in order. I like the atmosphere of Whiskey Tavern. Trying to find it was an adventure however...anything below Canal confuses the shit out of me!





Now on to...the Easter photos!



We fawned over the baby...



And belatedly celebrated cousin Danielle's birthday...



And posed for photos (or in my case, ruined them)...




And looked frightened while eating rabbit cookies...





And made sure Johnny developed an early love of football...



And showed him some love.

All in all, a great day!



1 comment:

  1. You sure do know how to ruin pictures :-p kidding. It was an absolute pleasure having you join us today, Nikki. You are a doll and wonderful company to your 'surrogate' family as you deemed it. A giant :-* from me to you my darling.

    Oh, and by the way, watch out for that last bike route...it's a doosie! ;)

    ReplyDelete