Saturday, April 25, 2009

here, there, everywhere.

My health professor let us out 40 minutes early today, which is a good thing on any given day but more so especially when it's 66 degrees out. He wanted to know where I was the class before spring break started. I was slightly embarrassed to admit that I had completely forgotten there was a class! The Friday before, I had slept over J.D's place and when I woke up, I had just enjoyed my cup of coffee, was changing and at promptly 10A.M, noticed the time and it hit me: I forgot to go to school. Seriously, who does that?!

Anyway, tonight I am hitting up Medieval Times. It's a belated celebration of Anthony's birthday, which was on the 6th of this month. I haven't been there since a class trip in the 6th grade! So I'm really looking forward to that, if only to eat with my hands =P

Robyn and I were talking about saving up for a two bedroom apartment and then renting out the second room. But it would have to be someone we trust. I can't imagine posting up an ad on Craigslist. You don't know what kind of crazies are out there...even though that's how I found my current apartment. But I just wanted to take the time out to acknowledge I am lucky to have my sister in my life and to be able to call her a friend as well as a sibling. She has saved my ass so many times, I lost count. And she'll never judge me, even with a gun to her head.

Yesterday, Tiffany and I met up with her friend Jacob, who hails from Seattle. This is his first trip to New York City and so far, he's been having fun. I asked him if he's seen any stereotypes about this place proven true and he made a very good point when he said the stereotypes about NYC can happen any place. But it was funny when he showed us a text from his friend from home that asked if Jacob's seen any dead bodies yet or has Law & Order been lying to him. LOL...I'm happy to say I have never seen a dead body or been mugged or anything along those lines, and I've lived here for 23 years! We went down to the West Village to have crepes at Creperie. I got the one with raspberry puree and bananas. HEAVEN. Then we hit up a nearby Thai restaurant called Beyond. No complaints at all and the lychee mojito Tiffany & I had was so freakin' good. She treated us really well that day -- thank you Tiff!!! Next weekend we want to visit Mi Nidito. It's my favorite Mexican restaurant and they have drinks called Elmo, Lemon Drops, Scooby Snack...I can't wait!

No comments:

Post a Comment