Thursday, April 23, 2009

"i love to swim..."

I got hotel review happy during my Sociology class today because well, when you have about 2 and a half hours to sit through, the mind begins to wander. Not to knock the subject and all. We did have a very interesting discussion pertaining to gender roles in society. We also read an article called I Want A Wife which you can read here. I'm happy to say we (or I) don't live in a society where this is what is expected of wives, for the most part. This was written in, I think, 1972? Things sure have changed since then. But yeah, back to the hotel reviews...so far, nothing but great stuff. J.D & I are staying at Pop Century Resort. For the most part, it's got great reviews. Basically, you get what you pay for. I'm hoping the bad reviews were from disgruntled visitors who expected more than what they paid for.




I saw The Last House on the Left with Tiffany yesterday. Absolutely loved it! I had to cover my ears during the rape scene...I thought it was painful to watch/hear. Otherwise, it kept me on the edge of my seat. Monica Potter and Sara Paxton could be mother/daughter in real life. If you love the horror genre, go see it! I didn't realize it came out on March 13th, otherwise I would've seen it sooner. As it was, the theater was not full at all but everyone was really engaged in the movie; you can always tell by the verbal response theatergoers give. For those who don't know the premise (the original version came out in 1972...which seems to be the theme year of this post), you can read about it here.





Final papers, final exams and the final week of school are all coming up. Then in exactly 57 days, I will be leaving this great city for the other great city of Orlando. I absolutely cannot wait! I have a feeling I will be mentioning Disney World plenty of times until then. Bear with me!



The iced mocha at McDonald's is heaven in a cup. In fact, I like it better than Starbucks' version of the drink. Imagine that!

2 comments:

  1. I almost fell backward when I read you liked Mickey Dee's iced mocha better than Starbucks, LOL.

    Orlando could not come sooner and now I want to see Last House on the Left.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Haha, hey it can happen ;-)

    See it! It's not too scary, it's got a decent story and I like whatever work the director did. Kept the movie going.

    ReplyDelete